Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday cheer!

I told my husband that I am responsible for baking a treat for our annual holiday party, held during the shift on Christmas Eve day (12/24). Because it's an Emergency Department, there is no time that everyone can be off, and there always needs to be a crew working the holidays. He reminded me of the first time he visited for an on-shift party. It was my birthday, I was working, and the nurses had a surprise party for me in our back room. They called my husband and invited him to come. There were sandwiches, salads, chips, cookies and a cake. They had decorated the room as much as they could. It was so sweet. We were all chowing down when my husband came in. Now, he loves to eat, but had a hard time. We don't have a bunch of extra tables in the ED, so we set everything up on gurneys. With tablecloths of course! It doesn't bother me at all to eat food from a stretcher where someone may have had a boil lanced, a pelvic exam or CPR, but apparently, some people are squeamish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Wuss!

Rebec said...

If you guys decide to have a Halloween party in the ER, could I please come?